Thursday, May 18, 2006

Stroke It To The West

My brother is the type of guy who always finds his way into special events. Whether he gets free tickets from someone or ends up knowing the security guards, one way or another he gets into the big show. Whenever he does go to one of these shows he ends up calling me from the venue to put me within earshot of the main event via the cell phone. When he saw Van Halen recently he called me during the song "Jump". When the Edmonton Oilers played the Red Wings in Detroit during the playoffs there he was on the phone again amidst the major upset. The other night it was INXS during the "Devil Inside" and before that Willie Nelson of all people. The funniest had to have been when he called from a national curling championship that was televised and this time he was all over the television, "check out channel 23 man, we're the crazy guys cheering like its a hockey game." Each hilarious phone call left us in stitches with his fantastic reporting from inside the mosh pit.



So last night I was in the mosh pit for the first time since probably the Franz Ferdinand show a couple years ago at the Commodore. The Strokes played last night to an appreciative and energetic crowd at the Plaza of Nations. We hopped up and down all night sharing body sweat with the fans. The Strokes put on a great show stating that this was definitely "the best crowd so far on the tour". The music was great and the audience was pumped. On two different occassions I had this small guy jump on my shoulders and try to launch off of me and into the crowd for his turn at bodysurfing. Each time I turned around quickly wondering who the hell is humping my shoulders! Too funny. If that wasn't funny enough some other little guy got slapped across the face after thinking he could just get away with grabbing a girls breast without permission!


This time it was my turn to call my bro from a concert but with the time difference it didn't have quite the same effect leaving him a message.

Well, the long weekend is just around the corner and I can only hope that the weather stays like it has been, hot and sunny.

Mad love out to Carty and Tersia this weekend too! Peace in the east.

This has been another Observation from the Island.


No comments:

Post a Comment